The Kissing Ball
Originally hung from the ceiling to bring blessings and good luck to all who passed under. Now, over time the kissing ball has come to symbolise romantic love and is very popular over the holidays.
The pattern is written to make a 150mm kissing ball.
Materials you will need
- DK cotton yarn of your choice.
- I used ColourSpun DK Cotton.
- 4mm hook.
- Needle for sewing in ends.
- Sewing cotton for sewing beads (optional).
- Embroidery needle for cross stitch (optional).
- Embroidery thread for cross stitch (optional).
- Thin sewing needle for beads (optional).
- 1 x 150mm Styrofoam Ball.
- Ribbon to hang the ball – approximately 1 metre.
- Beads for embellishment – (I used pearls in a few different sizes, glass crystals for bling, some sparkly silver plastic beads and silver glass seed beads).
- Trims – you can use beads, pom poms, bells, tassels, ribbon roses, Christmas baubles, butterflies, birds, paper flowers; have fun and let your imagination go.
- Pins and a glue gun to attach trims to the kissing ball. If you have one make your life easy and use it for this project.
This pattern is available in the Christmas A-long bundle (a discounted 25 pattern bundle that is being run as a Christmas a-long advent calendar – with 1 pattern being released each day for 25 days)
- Skill Level: Easy Peasy
- Hook Size: 4mm / F
- Yarn Weight: DK
- Terminology: US with metric sizes
Buy on our website now, available as an immediate download via your own personal pattern library.